Gönderen Konu: [csdb -forums] C64 Pixeling: Hires /enthusi  (Okunma sayısı 968 defa)

[csdb -forums] C64 Pixeling: Hires /enthusi

« : 03.08.2006 21:57:10 »
Hızlı düğmeleri aç

feedmaster

İleti: 462

Çevrimdışı
    • Profili Görüntüle
    • http://www.tr-demoscene.info
C64 Pixeling: Hires /enthusi
posted on: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:34:04 +0200

Hm, the demo-scene would not be what it is if there were no restrictions (I think). For me thats all what it is about - live and be challenged by them. I doubt people would have fun coding Javascript-demos.

As for pixeling I think there is something new. I too prefer(ed) photorealism on c64 - maybe since that seemed so impossible in the beginning. I even awed at that one-color red-black hires woman on that c64 demo-disk.

Today photorealism is almost boring again. Since the new formats allow for it - not for free but it seems doable these days. And I have great respect for those creating these wonders. Like that batgirl. Would have knocked by of my feet in the 90s and does so today :) But in a way because its so not c64-like :) Same with demo-effects (sometimes). The less 1  mhz it looks, the cooler. But imho only recently things changed sometimes. More artistic gfx - DCMP is a stunning example of that and quite a few others as well. Or more gfx showing off pure pixel-skill. Ptoing seems a perfect example of a mixture of those two. Or again, achieving 'realism' by whatever means possible. Personally I feel challenged by Hires that does not look Hires. Or by mere multicolor that looks like fli or ifli or whatever (mermaid pops into my head there).

Demowise that would maybe be the style-demos that seem to split the audience. Somewhere inbetweens 'thats the new kick needed' or 'lame amiga/pc-demo alikes'.

I love it all ;) seriously. Im ok with 1fps raytracer that look like shit but are cool since they're on c64. Also I love smooth colors/music/style even though its not (just) code-skills in there.

Im even fine with 100% converted pictures if they make use of their possibilities. With that I may stand alone :)

Only with music Im different. I cant value mere skill there. If I dont like it, Im not good enough to judge its skill.

Hehe, my thoughts on this must be very interessting for you all. Ok, break is over.

In short - how cool it is that the variety increases in all areas!

Or as Mr.Spock put it once:

"The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity."